Customizing your new Chromebook by changing the wallpaper is one of the first things you should do. Given how simple it is and how little time it takes, anyone could complete it. You have the choice of using a custom Chromebook wallpaper or selecting one of the pre-installed images.
We have included several methods in this tutorial for changing the Google background on your Chromebook. Applying a new theme, changing the Chrome browser’s background, choosing a new desktop wallpaper, or switching the screen saver are all options. To move to the desired section, simply expand the table below.
How to Set a Custom Chromebook Wallpaper
The image you want to use as your wallpaper must first be saved on the device. If it’s not already on your Chromebook, find a fantastic wallpaper online and download it. You can change the wallpaper by following these instructions after that is resolved. You can click the Launcher icon in the bottom-left corner of your Chromebook screen to set a specific image as the background of your device.
- From the internet, download the picture you want to serve as your Chromebook’s background.
- Click the circular Launcher icon in the bottom-left corner of the screen.
- Click the up arrow.
- Find and open Files.
- Click Downloads and locate the image you want to use as your Chromebook wallpaper.
- Right-click the image and select the Set wallpaper option.
Go With a Pre-installed Chromebook Wallpaper
Pre-installed wallpaper selection is even simpler and quicker than custom wallpaper selection. Chromebooks come with a few pre-loaded images that you can access using the Set wallpaper option in the right-click menu. Follow these steps to find them.
- Right-click on your desktop.
- Click the Set wallpaper option.
- Choose the image you want to use by clicking it in the dialog box.
- Alternatively, check the box next to Surprise me, and your device will choose the wallpaper for you.
Sync Your Wallpaper across Devices
You can sync your wallpaper (and settings) across multiple Chrome OS devices. This will ensure you already have your wallpaper whenever you log into a Chromebook using your Google account.
- Select the Time/account section in the bottom-right corner.
- Select the gear icon to enter the settings.
- Find the People section.
- Select Sync and Google services.
- Choose Manage sync.
- Select what you want to sync, or pick Sync everything.
Your wallpaper will then be synchronized across all of your Chromebook devices.
How to Use the Same Wallpaper across Multiple Chromebooks
- Go to Settings on your Chromebook.
- In the Accounts section, click Sync and Google services.
- Click Manage what you sync and then choose what you want to sync.
- To use the same settings, including wallpaper, on every Chromebook you sign in to, turn on Sync everything.
Change Background Wallpaper and Theme on Your Chromebook
In order to change the background images on your Chromebook, you can do so in one of these four ways. Custom wallpapers can be used to personalize any Chrome feature, including the lock screen, desktop, and browser. That’s all from us, I guess. Go to our linked article to learn how to install the new Chrome OS launcher on your Chromebook. And if you wish to learn more about such Chrome OS tips and tricks, go through our exhaustive article. And if you have any inquiries, please let us know in the comment section below.