To gain access to useful features, I’ll cover how to jailbreak a Chromebook in this tutorial. Turn off Chromebook > ESC+F3+ Power button > Message Appearing > Ctrl+D > Enter > OS Verification OFF > Enter > Wiping Data Start > Reboot. Read the entire article, to find the details.
If you’re willing to jailbreak your Chromebook, you can do a lot with it. When a Chromebook is jailbroken, Chrome OS transforms into a useful operating system that is also a good operating system.
A Note Before You Do This Tutorial
Before you continue with this tutorial, there is something I must stress. I have a list of reasons you may not want to root your Chromebook:
- If you brick it, the warranty will be void, so there won’t be any tech support available to help.
- When you root your Chromebook, all of the files that you have locally will be removed. However, because of the way Chrome OS functions, the majority of your data is saved in the cloud, so you shouldn’t have to worry about this as much.
- You shouldn’t root your Chromebook unless you are technically savvy because you won’t be able to use the majority of the root features otherwise.
- Many of the root features, including crouton, won’t function if your Chromebook is no longer receiving Google updates.
If you are looking for the best Chromebooks for Back To School Or Distance Learning, you can read more here.
What You Will Need
There are a few things you will need before you do this tutorial:
- A Chromebook
- The Chromebook must be powered by a power supply, as is obvious. While you are rooting the Chromebook, you don’t want the battery to die.)
- An Internet Connection
How to Jailbreak a Chromebook?
Before beginning, educate yourself on what jailbreaking is and how to jailbreak a Chromebook. Making changes to a device’s operating system to get around restrictions that the device’s creator or manager imposed on an employee’s or student’s use of it is known as “jailbreaking” a device. The genuine owner of a Chromebook can gain full access to the operating system by jailbreaking the device.
There are a couple of things you should be aware of before learning how to jailbreak a Chromebook:
- All your data folders and files will be vanished forever from your device, including audio files, images etc. To prevent the loss of all the data you can copy and save all the important information, data files in any memory card or pen drive to avoid such loses.
You can make use of external devices like, SD Card, USB Stick, or Cloud.
- The device’s warranty will be immediately void after learning how to jailbreak a Chromebook. In other words, Google won’t be able to assist you in any way if you damage this Chromebook. ie: Technical Support.
Chromebook Developer Mode is not supported by Google.
- If you are not a tech whiz, you shouldn’t attempt to learn how to jailbreak a Chromebook because there are many features that you are unfamiliar with and how to use. Therefore, if you are unsure of the outcomes, we won’t advise you to tinker with the settings.
After fully comprehending the potential repercussions of learning how to jailbreak a Chromebook, let’s move on to the actual process. All you need to make sure is that you have a strong internet connection, a solid power supply and a backup of all your stored data in your device before performing how to exploit a Chromebook.
Here are the specific instructions for jailbreaking a Chromebook. Follow these steps as instructed:
Turn off Chromebook > ESC+F3+ Power button > Message Appearing > Ctrl+D > Enter > OS Verification OFF > Enter > Wiping Data Start > Reboot.
Step 01: Turn off your Chromebook computer and wait a few minutes for the screen to go black.
Step 02: Then, simultaneously long press the ESC, FR (Refresh), and Power buttons. After which you will receive a notification on your screen saying “Chrome OS is Missing or Damaged”.
Step 03: Press Ctrl+D to continue learning how to jailbreak a Chromebook after getting the notification.
NOTE: There’s no need to worry about the notification because it will stop users from accidentally entering developer mode and harming the operating system.
Step 04: Next, you will find a screen showing “To Turn OS Verification OFF” for which you are supposed to press the Use the keyboard’s Enter key.
Step 05: Thereafter, on the next screen you will find a message saying “OS Verification is OFF”, again you need to press the Enter key.
After this your Chromebook will automatically initiate the process of deleting all the data files from your device which will take around 5 minutes to complete and after that the device will reboot. You’ll enter Chromebook developer mode as soon as the reboot process is complete. Remember that you need to enter developer mode each and every time you reboot your device.
With this, you can successfully jailbreak a Chromebook. On to its advantages and disadvantages right away.
One should be aware of the advantages and disadvantages of how to Before doing that, jailbreak a Chromebook. Here are they as follows:
- After learning how to jailbreak a Chromebook, you will have full access to the device. For all of the tech-savvy people out there, this factor is very useful.
- One gains access to downloading and installing different operating systems once they learn how to jailbreak a Chromebook.
- Unauthorized applications and pre-installed software can both be removed from the device.
- After jailbreaking a Chromebook it becomes vulnerable and prone to cyberattacks and malware as the developer mode deletes all the security protection features of the Chromebook.
- For learning how to Jailbreak a Chromebook one has to delete all the data files and data stored in their device and turn on or off the developer mode.
- If you practice how to jailbreak a Chromebook while the device’s warranty is still active, the warranty will expire as soon as you switch to developer mode. So keep in mind that technicians cannot assist you if your device is damaged in any way.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q. Can I Jailbreak a Chromebook?
If you are willing to take the chance of jailbreaking a Chromebook, there are a variety of things you can do with it. When a Chromebook is jailbroken, Chrome OS is an experienced operating system.
Q. How Do You Bypass the Administrator on a Chromebook?
In the off position, unscrew the back cover of your Chromebook, remove the battery, and store it safely. Following system startup, hold down the Power button for at least 30 seconds. An administrator block on a Chromebook will be removed by this action.
Q. How Do I Remove a School Administrator on a School Chromebook?
The device’s admin account cannot be deleted because it is pre-configured after the Chromebook is turned on for the first time. The only way to accomplish this is to power wash your device and remove all of the previous accounts, including the admins.