Let’s look at how, in this guide, you can quickly add a printer to your Chromebook.
Owners of Chromebooks can easily add a printer without the use of a cable (though you can physically connect them if you want).
Here is everything you need to know about adding a printer to your Chromebook so that you can print documents quickly and easily.
How to Add a Printer to a Chromebook
A Chromebook differs from the majority of conventional laptops you’ll come across. Its web-based operating system, Chrome OS, makes it a contemporary and functional device to own.
As soon as you have logged into your Chromebook and are connected to Wi-Fi, you can add a printer.
Once that’s done, here’s how to add a printer to your Chromebook wirelessly:
1. In the bottom-right corner of the screen, under the time section, click the gear icon to access your settings.
2. Scroll to the bottom and click “Advanced.”
3. Under the “Printing” section, select “Printers.”
4. Click on “Add Printer.”
Your configured printer settings are stored and managed in the printing profile, which simplifies printing on Chromebooks.
Select the Printers option under the Printing menu.
then select the Add Printer button.
All of the printers that your Chromebook can locate will be listed for you to choose from. Choose the printer of your choice, then click the Add button to add it to your printer profile.
Note: Ensure that you are on the same WiFi network as your printer if you want to connect to it via Wi-Fi. Simply connect your Chromebook to a USB cable printer.
5. If you see your printer in the pop-up, select it and add it; otherwise you may need to search for it by clicking “Add Nearby Printers.” You can also manually add it by doing so while adhering to the instructions for your printer and the on-screen prompts.
After you’ve set everything up, printing ought to be simple in the future with little setup required—maybe just choosing the appropriate printer if you have multiple printers.
This manual illustrated how simple it is to add and configure a Canon, HP, Epson, Brother, etc. to a Chromebook.
Chrome OS collects a lot of data about you, like the majority of Google products. Use Ubuntu Web, a web-based Chrome OS substitute with privacy in mind, if you are concerned about your privacy and personal data.
How Do I Connect My Chromebook to a Wireless Printer
Select Advanced from the Settings menu at the bottom. Under “Printing,” select Printers.
Enter your printer information:
- Name: Enter any name.
- Address: Enter the IP address of your printer. …
- IPP is the most commonly supported connection protocol for printers.
- Queue: For the majority of printers, the queue is ipp/print.
How to Connect HP Printer to Chromebook
The Settings icon can be accessed by first clicking the clock in the bottom right corner of the Chromebook. Click Advanced after swiping down to the bottom of the screen. Click Printers > Add Printer from the Printing menu. Select your printer from the list if it appears, and then click Add.
How to Add Canon Printer to Chromebook
- Choose the time in the lower right corner.
- Select Settings .
- Choose Advanced at the bottom.
- Under “Print and scan,” select Printers.
- Under “Available printers to save,” next to your printer, select Save.
- Check that your printer appears at the top, under “Saved printers.”
WiFi Printer Driver for Chromebooks
Most wireless or wired network-connected printers are compatible with Chromebooks, allowing you to print from them. Chromebooks don’t currently support Bluetooth printing.
Connect Printer to Chromebook USB
- The Chromebook should be connected to the other end of the cable after the printer. …
- A pop-up message requesting that you configure the printer may appear. …
- Otherwise, open your Chromebook’s settings and type “print” into the search box.
- Select Printing.